A thin-crust pizza with bbq sauce, chicken breast, sliced red onions, and freshly chopped cilantro -- like California Pizza Kitchen's Barbecue Chicken Pizza!
2 large, thin pizzas
For the crust:
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
3 to 3 1/2 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon dry yeast
For the toppings:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's)
Butter, for greasing the sheets
16 ounces (4 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup (or more!) fresh chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and coat with BBQ sauce, using about 1/2 a cup of the sauce. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a bit; slice chicken thinly and set aside. Reserve extra sauce from the dish for serving, if desired.
2. To make pizza crust, combine water, salt, and oil in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add a cup of the flour, then stir in the yeast and another cup of flour. Add enough remaining flour to make a dough and knead for 5-10 minutes, adding flour as needed to make a smooth, elastic dough.
*To make this dough in the bread machine: Add crust ingredients in the order listed and select the DOUGH cycle. Use dough when cycle is complete, or, remove dough after it is formed (and stop the dough cycle from finishing the rising time).
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Divide pizza dough in half. Liberally butter two baking sheets (11x15-inch or 13x18-inch). Spread dough onto the sheets. (If dough is too thick to spread, you can use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a rectangle and then place on the sheet.)
4. Spread 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce over each crust. Spread half of the mozzarella cheese over each pizza, followed by the sliced chicken breast and red onions. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
5. Bake pizzas at 450 degrees for about 12 minutes -- until toppings are browned and crust is lightly browned on the bottom. Cut pizza into squares and serve with fresh cilantro and extra bbq sauce from the chicken dish, if desired.
|Average vote based on 1 review.|