A flaky, melt-in-your-mouth biscuit dough pizza that's quick and easy!
Biscuit Crust Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons cold butter, sliced
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
3/4 cup pizza sauce
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Any other toppings of your choice -- pepperoni, onions, green peppers, black olives, pineapple, oregano, etc.
Optional: Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the cold butter with a fork or pastry blender. Stir in the milk, just enough to moisten and turn dough into a big lump.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly-floured surface and gently knead 8-10 times. Press or roll onto a greased or silicone-lined baking sheet (13x18-inch) or pizza pan (16-inch round).
3. Spread the tablespoon of melted butter over the crust. Spread with sauce, cheese, and any toppings desired.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake on lower oven rack for about 17 minutes, until crust is lightly browned on the bottom and cheese is hot and melted on top. If the top isn't browned enough by then, move the pizza to the top rack in the oven and bake for a few more minutes.
5. Cut into 12 slices and serve hot!
The delicious, flaky crust!
I used my mom's biscuit recipe which is from a Better Homes and Gardens Homemade Breads cook book. It's a really good staple biscuit recipe!
Easy to make and easy to chew, and the perfect pizza for braces-wearers.
I wasn't sure how well the crust would do without being pre-baked a little before the toppings were added. But biscuits do bake quickly, and I didn't want a too-dark crust. So, I layered the toppings right over the flat biscuit dough and popped it in the oven.
Seventeen minutes later, the crust was perfect and the top looked pretty good too!
|Average vote based on 1 review.|