Chunks of chicken baked on a bed of vermicelli, seasoned and topped with cheese
16 ounces vermicelli or angel hair pasta (cook following directions)
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
5 cups (20 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Italian seasoning (use generously)
1 cup whole milk or half & half
1. Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
2. Layer pasta, chicken, seasonings and cheese several times.
3. Just before baking, pour milk/half & half over top.
4. Cover with foil, if space permits. (I sometimes press down to compact the ingredients into the dish.)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
I like to prepare this dish and refrigerate overnight or for use later in the day when I know I'm going to be too busy to cook dinner.
This is a fun casserole to make, and I love the taste. We use lots of seasonings and cheese on ours. It's also a great way to use up leftover chicken meat. I have gotten lots of compliments when I've served this meal for guests. Just make some garlic bread and veggies, and you're all set! My rating: 10/10.
|Average vote based on 8 reviews.|