A flavorful moist spinach quiche with eggs, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and mozzarella cheese
9 ounces fresh spinach leaves, chopped*
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter. Add the chopped spinach and cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Put spinach into a strainer to drain and cool slightly. When spinach is cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess liquid.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add flour and stir until bubbly. Add milk and cook and stir until mixture thickens. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on low speed, just until blended. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese mixture, and thickened milk mixture. Beat on high speed until well-blended. Batter will be lumpy.
5. Stir in mozzarella cheese and spinach. Pour into a greased 10-inch glass pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until quiche is set in the middle and tests done with a toothpick. Quiche will be browned on top and still moist inside. Cut into six slices and serve warm.
*Will be about 4 cups chopped.
This spinach quiche recipe is easy to make and is moist and cheesy! It does have a stronger spinach taste, so if you dislike spinach, this won't be your favorite.
If you like spinach or love cottage cheese, cream cheese, or mozzarella cheese, this is a great vegetarian lunch dish. My one-year-old really likes this! My rating: 8/10
|Average vote based on 3 reviews.|