A chocolate crust with a layer of creamy white chocolate cheesecake followed by a layer of dark chocolate cheesecake, topped with a semi-sweet chocolate glaze
1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
32 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 ounces bittersweet (or semi-sweet) chocolate, melted and cooled to just above room temperature
6 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled to just above room temperature
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1. Combine crust ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour mixture into a greased 9-inch springform pan and press flat. Wrap the bottom and outside of the pan with foil. We recommend two layers of extra-wide heavy-duty foil. We also use a rectangular piece of cardboard (4-6 inches long and 2-3 inches wide) placed between the latch (on the outside of the springform) and the foil, to prevent the latch from piercing the foil.
2. Perheat oven to 325 degrees. Put softened cream cheese, whipping cream, softened butter, and sugar in a large bowl. Mix at medium-low speed just until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and mix on low speed until blended.
3. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly into two bowls. Add melted bittersweet chocolate to one, stirring to mix. Add melted white chocolate to the other, stirring to mix.
4. Pour white chocolate cheesecake batter into prepared pan, smoothing into a flat layer. Gently spoon bittersweet chocolate in a layer over the white chocolate batter. Place springform pan in a large shallow roaster or broiler pan. Fill pan with an inch of hot water.
5. Bake 60-80 minutes or until edges are puffed and top looks dull and is dry to the touch. Center should move slightly when side of pan is tapped. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake stand in oven for an hour. Cool to room temperature; refrigerate overnight.
6. Make glaze by melting chocolate and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup. Allow glaze to cool slightly (to about 80 degrees).
7. Remove sides from springform pan. Place cheesecake on a wire rack over a baking sheet or countertop. Pour glaze over top and sides of cheesecake, spreading with a spatula. Refrigerate until set. Slice into 16 pieces. Store in refrigerator or freeze for longer storage.
Original recipe/idea source: Cooking Club of America
These instructions were written by me, and we did change the original recipe slightly. And of course, the photos are our own. :)
60-80 minutes + 60 minutes resting in oven
This is an amazing cheesecake! It looks beautiful, and tastes just as wonderful. The cheesecake is creamy and smooth, and the chocolate glaze on the top and sides is the perfect complement to the other flavors.
If you love chocolate cheesecake, this is a real treat. Personally, I just can't stop eating it! It's my newest favorite cheesecake recipe. Well worth the ingredients and effort to make!! My rating: 10/10
|Average vote based on 10 reviews.|