A soft crust topped with alfredo sauce, white cheeses, seasoned chicken, and chopped tomato
1 cup warm water (110 degrees)
1 teaspoon sugar
2 Tablespoons oil
3 cups flour
1 Tablespoon dry yeast
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tablespoon onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon oil
4 teaspoons flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon parsley
1 1/4 c milk
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 chicken breast, cut into small bite-sized pieces
1 Tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2-3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
12 ounces (3 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
Asiago cheese, shredded (optional)
Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
1-2 cups diced fresh tomato*
oregano, for garnish
1. Make crust by either combining ingredients in bread machine in order listed, or kneading by hand for 5-8 minutes. (Mix flour and yeast together first if kneading by hand.) Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes. I like to turn the oven on for a minutes or two, then turn off and place dough inside to rise.
2. Make alfredo sauce by first frying garlic and onion in oil. Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, seasonings, and milk. Add to onion mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat, add cream cheese and parmesan cheese, and stir to melt. Set sauce aside to cool.
3. Prepare chicken by tossing cut chicken with seasonings and then frying in heated oil until fully cooked.
4. Grease a 16-inch circular pizza pan liberally with butter. Knead pizza crust dough until no air bubbles remain, and then press dough onto pan until it reaches the sides.
5. Top with the prepared alfredo sauce and the prepared chicken. Sprinkle on cheeses as desired, and finish with the diced tomato. Top with oregano for garnish if you wish.
6. Bake at 450 degrees, in the middle of the oven, for about 13 minutes, or until top is starting to brown. Turn off oven and crack the door slightly. Allow pizza to finish browning for about 5-10 minutes, or until ready to serve.
*You can use sun-dried tomatoes instead if you like.
60+ minutes (allow at least 2 hours from start to finish, including rise time for pizza dough) prep time
17-22 minutes baking time
This is a delicious homemade "white pizza". The length of the recipe makes it look daunting, but you can simplify it by using store-bought alfredo sauce and pizza crust.
However, we like it made entirely from scratch, and if you are familiar with making homemade pizza dough or homemade white sauces/alfredo, then you will find that it isn't really so difficult. The fresh tomatoes on top are a MUST, as they give such a delicious flavor to this otherwise-pale pizza. :D
The base idea of this recipe was given to me from my friend Sheri; this is my own "complete" version. If you love pizza and want another great kind to make, try this chicken alfredo pizza recipe! My rating: 10/10
|Average vote based on 2 reviews.|