A soft homemade pizza crust topped with pizza sauce, seasoned ground beef, and shredded cheese; baked and served with sour cream, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes
1 cup water
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon dry yeast
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt, to taste
1 cup pizza sauce
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Sour cream, for serving*
4 cups shredded lettuce, for serving
1-2 cups (4-8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
2 cups diced fresh tomatoes, for serving
1/2 cup sliced black olives, for serving
1. Combine flour and yeast in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, combine the rest of the dough ingredients and mix. Add to flour and knead until a soft dough forms. Knead for 8-10 minutes.
2. Lightly grease the top of the dough and then put a towel over the bowl and set the dough in a warm place to rise for about 45 minutes.
3. Brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Drain fat and add pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Mix well.
4. Grease a 16-inch pizza pan. Knead pizza dough for a minute or two to remove air bubbles and then press onto prepared pan to edges. Spread pizza sauce over dough and sprinkle meat on top of sauce.
5. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned on top. Turn off oven, crack oven door, and leave pizza in warm oven for another 5-10 minutes.
6. To serve, drizzle sour cream over the top of the pizza.* Sprinkle on lettuce, cheese, tomato, and black olives. Slice into 12 slices.
*For easier dispensing of sour cream, put sour cream into a small ziplock bag. Cut the corner off the bag to expose a small opening. Squeeze sour cream from corner.
This is an easy homemade taco pizza recipe that we created a couple years ago after eating take-out Taco Pizza which we loved.
Since we don't finish the entire pizza at one meal, we usually slice pizza and put a piece on our plate and just add the toppings to our individual slices. That way we can re-warm the pizza without getting soggy lettuce! :)
This is one of my favorite meals. It's so flavorful, and I like it just as well as regular pizza. It's so good!! My rating: 10/10
|Average vote based on 4 reviews.|