No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
A deliciously cool summer dessert combining graham cracker crust, a no-bake cheesecake filling, and homemade cherry pie filling on top!
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup butter, melted
Cheesecake filling ingredients:
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
3 cups whipped cream*
Cherry pie filling:
I make cherry pie filling using this homemade cherry pie filling recipe (requires 3 cups of pitted cherries). If you don't have fresh cherries, you can use a large can of pre-made cherry pie filling instead.
1. Combine crust ingredients in a bowl and stir until well-mixed. I like to use a potato masher to crush the graham crackers to make crumbs. :)
2. Spread the graham cracker mixture in a glass 9x13-inch casserole dish. Use a metal spatula or other flat utensil (the bottom of a measuring cup works also) to press the crust firmly into the dish. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
3. To make the cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar on high until mixed. Add whipped cream and continue to beat on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Spoon the cheesecake filling over the graham cracker crust. When all of the filling has been dabbed on, use a plastic spatula to spread it evenly.
5. Refrigerate the cheesecake while you make the cherry topping.
6. Spread cooled cherry pie filling over the cheesecake. Or, for an even more attractive presentation, spoon the cherry pie filling on each piece as you serve it! Store in the refrigerator.
*We love to use real whipped cream! To make the 3 cups of whipped cream for this recipe, combine these ingredients in a bowl:
1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Beat with an electric mixer for a couple minutes, until fluffy and stiff!
45 minutes (includes making the topping from scratch)
This is my mom's recipe. She makes it frequently using sour cherries from her trees, and in the winter, using frozen sour cherries to make the topping. :)
While this isn't "real" cheesecake, it's quick and delicious, and won't heat up your house! :)