With the advent of nicer weather, we've been spending every morning possible outside! While the kids ride their bikes, chase balls, or play in their "clubhouse" (a big bush in the yard!), I mow the grass (we have a reel mower), pull weeds, or hang laundry -- in between breaking up quarrels and capturing escapee Moshe!
When it's time to come inside, we're HUNGRY. I mean, who wouldn't get hungry driving a car on foot:
...or playing with a snail:
...or improving soccer skills?!
If I don't have beans cooked, PB & Honey is our go-to lunch sandwich (except for the baby). The only problem with PB & Honey is that it's sticky and gooey and I don't have a honey bear so it's just plain hard to do, especially in a hurry.
My solution? Mix the peanut butter and honey together in a bowl before spreading onto bread. It thickens up nicely, no longer being greasy from the natural peanut butter that I just haven't stirred well enough OR drippy-sticky with gobs of honey. Perfect! :)
So much less messy! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, we need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. How to de-gas beans (Adrienne at Whole New Mom)
2. How to season an iron skillet (Stacy at Stacy Makes Cents)
3. How to tell if an egg is bad (Living So Abundantly)
4. No-touch bread making method (Georgia at Georgia's Cookie Jar)
5. Stir-fry is faster than drive-thru (The Local Cook)
6. How to make a butterfly cake (Purposely Frugal)
7. Tips for homemade bread (Laura at The Frugal Kitchen)
8. Tip for making multiple batches (Cheryl at The Bz House That Love Built)
9. Freeze raw ground beef in meal-size portions (Nony at A Slob Comes Clean)
10. Mass-produce sandwiches for a crowd (Jessi at Quirky Cookery)
11. Canning and pickling beets (Jodi at LG Family Farm)
12. Lacto-fermentation tips (Kara from Taste is Trump)