This "Greek lasagna" is smooth and creamy with flavors of parmesan, oregano, and a hint of cinnamon
1 lb. ground meat
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
one 8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 tbsp. parsley
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup dry red wine
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup elbow macaroni (cook according to package instructions)
1. In a large skillet cook meat, onion, and garlic until meat is browned.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, seasonings, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Gradually stir in one of the eggs.
3. For sauce, melt butter. Stir in flour and pepper. Add 1 1/2 cups milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in half of the Parmesan cheese and 2 eggs.
4. Toss macaroni with remaining milk, egg, and cheese.
5. Assemble in a greased 8x8x2 baking dish, layer half the macaroni mixture, all the meat mixture, remaining macaroni mixture, and all of the sauce. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5 min.
This recipe and photos were submitted by guest chef Jaclynn R.
Jaclynn adds these notes: "The wine can be omitted. I usually double this recipe for my family of 9."
|Average vote based on 3 reviews.|