This is the best easy homemade apple pie recipe, with a spicy cinnamon and nutmeg apple filling. Simple to make, and a favorite with many!
6 to 8 tart apples, pared, cored, and thinly sliced (6 cups)
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 Tablespoons butter, sliced thinly
one 9-inch unbaked pie pastry with top
1. If apples lack tartness, sprinkle with about 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. Combine sugar, flour, and spices in large mixing bowl.
2. Add apples to sugar mixture and stir to coat.
3. Fill unbaked pie pastry with apple mixture, and lay slices of butter on top.
4. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for escape of steam; seal. Sprinkle top of crust with additional sugar if desired.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes or until apples test to doneness desired.
This is the best apple pie in the world. Made with the "Foolproof Pie Crust" recipe, and sprinkled liberally on top with sugar, this is my most favorite apple pie, or any pie, ever. It is really, really good! I won't even go into detail about how quickly I can eat the whole pie. I have had numerous people ask for the recipe for this pie (which was passed down to me -- both the crust recipe and the pie recipe -- from my mom). I rate this recipe 10/10!!
|Average vote based on 4 reviews.|