A creamy spicy pumpkin cheesecake with graham cracker crust
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons melted butter
1/16 teaspoon ginger
1/16 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup canned/pureed/mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
20 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch (sift if there are lumps!)
4 large eggs, at room temperature
Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
1. Make cheesecake crust by combining crust ingredients and mixing well. Press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
2. In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin, whipping cream, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugars and stir until smooth. Mix in the pumpkin mixture, then add the cornstarch and mix until just blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined. (Stir by hand! Using an electric mixture will incorporate air into the batter, causing the cheesecake to rise and crack during baking!)
4. Wrap the outside of the springform pan tightly with 2-3 layers of aluminum foil.
5. Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Set the still-wrapped springform pan in a large roasting pan. Carefully pour enough boiling water into the large pan to come up 1 inch on the sides of the springform pan.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 70 to 80 minutes or until the center is almost set in the middle.
7. Remove cheesecake from water bath and place on a cooling rack. Carefully remove the foil and run a thin knife around the edge of the cake. This will loosen the cake and help prevent the top from cracking. When cheesecake has cooled slightly, remove the sides of the springform pan. Allow to cool completely at room temperature.
8. Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving. Cut into 12-16 slices and serve with whipped cream if desired!
Original recipe source here. Photos and instructions and crust recipe are our own! :)
This is a delicious, creamy, spicy cheesecake! If you like pumpkin pie, this is a creamy version -- dense and flavorful! My rating: 10/10.