Cheesy white pizza with a garlic herb sauce, topped with thinly sliced asparagus!
Two 12-inch pizzas (16 slices total)
Pizza crust ingredients:
1 cup warm water (115 degrees)
1 teaspoon salt
2 2/3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
2 teaspoons dry yeast
1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (loosely measured) thinly sliced red onions
8 ounces (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
8 thick asparagus spears
4 small fully-cooked turkey sausage links, sliced (optional)
1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
1. To make crust, place warm water and salt into a medium mixing bowl. Add a cup of the flour and the yeast, and stir. Add remaining flour and stir or knead into a sticky dough, adding additional water if needed. Allow dough to rest, covered with a clean towel, for at least 10 minutes but up to 30-45 minutes.
If you have a bread machine, this first step can be done by putting all crust ingredients into the machine and using the dough cycle to knead for 10-15 minutes, until a soft, sticky dough is formed. Stop the machine and allow dough to rest for at least 10 minutes, or up to 30-45 minutes.
2. Liberally butter two 12-inch round pizza pans (or rectangular equivalent), and then with your clean buttery hands, spread dough thinly over the pans.
3. Combine sauce ingredients and spread the sauce over the dough/crust and allow to rest for 15 minutes or longer (up to 45 minutes).
4. Prepare asparagus by washing and drying, and breaking off the tough bottom if necessary. Using a vegetable peeler, "shave" the asparagus into thin strips, slicing remaining tops thinly.
5. Sprinkle toppings over the crust and sauce in the order listed.
6. Bake pizza in a pre-heated 450-degree oven for 10 minutes or until top is browned and bubbly, and crust is slightly browned on the bottom. Watch carefully to avoid burning! :) Cut each pizza into 8 slices and serve hot.
I love this pizza!! :)
|Average vote based on 1 review.|