Homemade seasoned beef meatballs combined with tomato sauces, served over spaghetti
4 servings (of meatballs)
For Spaghetti and Meatballs:
Spaghetti pasta, as many servings as you need
Homemade pizza sauce (2 c per meatball recipe)
Homemade tomato soup (2 c per meatball recipe)
Homemade meatballs (recipe below serves 4)
Shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese, optional
1 lb ground chuck
2 medium eggs
1/4 c minced onion
1 clove minced garlic
2 handfulls quick oats
To make meatballs:
1. In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Shape into balls and place on a jelly roll pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
For spaghetti and meatballs:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat sauce and meatballs over medium-low heat.
3. Serve meatball and sauce over pasta, topping with mozzarella and parmesan cheese if desired.
We like to have this with homemade garlic bread and a cooked green vegetable.
Meatballs can be made in large quantities and frozen in meal-sized portions. Just thaw and re-heat for a quick and easy meal!
30 minutes (if using canned sauces)
I generally like spaghetti and meatballs, but this recipe is definitely the best I've had! The sauce combination is slightly sweet and not bitter, complementing the meatballs and pasta nicely. My rating: 9/10. With garlic bread, it's a 10/10. ;)
|Average vote based on 5 reviews.|