Tammy's Easy Pizza
A soft pizza dough recipe, topped with your favorite pizza toppings and baked
3/4 cup water (110-115 degrees, preferably)
1 teaspoon sugar
2 Tablesppoons butter, melted or very softened
2 1/2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon yeast
1Â Tablespoon cornmeal (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pizza sauce
12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
sliced onions, optional
chopped bell peppers, optional
turkey pepperoni, fried turkey bacon, or fried hamburger, optional
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon basil
2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
1. If using a bread machine to make pizza dough, put ingredients in bread machine in order listed and set to dough setting.
If making dough by hand, mix water, butter, and sugar in mixing bowl. Add part of the flour and stir. Add the rest of the flour and the yeast, and stir into a dough. Knead forÂ 6-8 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Set dough in bowl and grease the top. Cover with a towel and set in a warm place to rise for about 45 minutes.*
2. After dough has risen the first time, punch down and knead until air bubbles are removed.
3. Liberally butter a 16-inch round pizza pan, and press dough onto pan. Carefully lift one-half of the crust and fold over (to expose half of the pizza pan). Sprinkle 1/2 Tablespoon cornmeal over pan. Lay crust back in place and repeat on other half, so that there is cornmeal sprinkled between entire layer of crust and pan.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over top of crust and then spread with 1 cup pizza sauce. Sprinkle on cheese and any optional toppings desired. Sprinkle on oregano, basil, and parmesan cheese last.
5.** Place pizza in oven and turn heat to 400 degrees. Bake for 10 minutes; rotate crust and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until top is browned. (Be sure to watch so it doesn't burn; every oven is different!)
6. When pizza is browned, turn off heat and open oven door. Leave pizza in oven until ready to serve. Then remove from oven, cut, and serve. If there is leftover pizza, we often put the pieces directly on a cooling rack to cool, which prevents condensation forming between the crust and pan.
Click here for a video demonstration of me making this pizza!Â :)
*If you're short on time, you can skip this rise and just press your freshly-kneaded dough onto the pan and continue with the recipe.
*Alternate baking directions: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake pizza for 15 minutes on the bottom rack, or until browned. (Baking on the top or middle racks could result in an under-cooked crust.)
Click here for a price breakdown of this easy pizza recipe! :)
30-40 minutes + rising time
This is a wonderful soft homemade pizza dough recipe. We created this recipe because we wanted a pizza crust that didn't need to be pre-baked.
Don't load up this pizza with too many toppings, or it will be soggy and undercooked. The amount of cheese on the recipe should be plenty, even for those who love extra cheese. :) To be sure that the crust is thoroughly cooked, I like to leave the pizza in the oven (turned off, with the door ajar) for 5-10 minutes after the baking time is complete.
This is a delicious homemade pizza recipe which we think rivals pizza from restaurants :D The crust is just SO good!! My rating: 10/10
This recipe was featured in 10 Fabulous Foods We Make At Home (Not Buy!) :)