I think we're still getting over the shock of it all, but WE'RE MOVING!!! Joshua called me this afternoon and let me know that he was offered and accepted the job in Seattle, so we'll be heading out there soon. As in, about 9 days from now. Can this be real?!
Want to hear how AMAZING God is?!
Joshua is from the Seattle area, and we have always talked about the possibility of relocating there some day, but there seemed to be so many hurdles to jump through to do so, and we had given up on the idea for the time being.
Then last week, Joshua got a call from one of his friends out there who knew of a job possibility in the area. Joshua figured he might as well send in his resume, so he emailed them. They liked the look of it and requested a phone interview, so we figured he might as well at least learn more about the job.
The phone interview went well, and an in-person interview was requested. We spent a few days praying and going over the numbers for salary vs. increased living expenses, along with weighing allllllll the pros and cons of a new location. There were soooooo many different factors and whether we stayed here or moved, there were some big gains and some big losses!
But we decided a face-to-face interview was the logical next step while we continued thinking about it. Joshua went to orbitz.com to purchase tickets and found tickets for the exact times and days that he wanted, at the airport we wanted, with only 8 days' notice -- for $149. We were thanking Yahweh and telling ourselves "At least we'll only be out $200 and not $500!" ;)
Joshua went in to work that day and was going to ask for the next Friday (today) off of work, but before he could ask, he was told that there was no work that day -- it was scheduled as a "down" day. So, the day he would have had to take off for the interview -- it was already off!
Fast-forward a few days. We're still waffling over all the pros and cons of moving. Then Joshua goes in to work and is told that he will be layed off by December 1st at his current job.
Was God planning this, or what?! So then it became an issue of moving and having a job or staying here and not having one (the job market is not very good here in NW Ohio... we know this from first-hand experience unfortunately!) and we both decided that if he got the job in Seattle, we should move.
Finally, after hours that seemed much longer to me than to the rest of the world, I found out this afternoon that Joshua was hired and we will be moving!! I am going to be insanely busy if we're to be all packed and out of the house in a week!!
Okay, I've babbled on long enough. THANK YOU to all who prayed for us, commented or emailed with words of wisdom and encouragement, or offered to help us. I really can't express how great it feels to know that there's already family members, a church (Joshua's former church), old friends, and new friends (some of YOU!!) waiting there for us. :)
Now, for the next challenge: packing only what will fit in a 950 sq. ft. apartment. I thought our house was ~950 sq. ft. but either it's measured differently or else having a garage helps with storage. Any tips are more than welcome!! :)