A sweet chocolate quick bread with chocolate chips inside, topped with a homemade chocolate glaze
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup (packed) brown sugar
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 cups applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 (3 ounces) cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate glaze ingredients:
1/2 cup (3 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon butter
2-3 Tablespoons half and half cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and melted chocolate, mixing well. Add applesauce and vanilla and stir well.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix until lumps are removed. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Spread batter into one large greased loaf pan (8x4x3in.) or into four small greased loaf pans (5-1/2x3x2-in.). Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bread tests done.
4. Cool in pans 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
5. Make glaze: Melt chocolate chips and butter; stir in cream. Remove from heat and add sugar, vanilla, and salt. Drizzle over warm bread.
This is a delicious chocolate bread; I think it tastes almost like cake, but regardless, it's very good! It's easy to make, and the chocolate chips sprinkled throughout add a neat twist. If you love chocolate, you'll love this chocolate bread recipe! My rating: 10/10
|Average vote based on 2 reviews.|